Note to Grad Students: You can find more information about graduate admission HERE.
Step 1: Apply for Admission
- Online Application Guide: Click here
- There is a $20 application fee that can be paid electronically. Students can log into the “Activity Log” to see the date the application is actually “received” by the school.
- Processing of this application could take up to two weeks.
Step 2: File “Proof of Immunization” form with Admissions Office.
- This form is available via the Admissions Office website in a downloadable PDF file that must be printed: Immunization Form.
- Online students can request an exemption for personal reasons: "will not be attending classes on campus". Grad students send to the Graduate School.
- It can be faxed to the Admissions Office (318.357.4660) or mailed to: Office of Admissions, Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, LA 71497.
- There is a free number for the Admissions Office: 1-800-767-8115 or 318-357-4078
Step 3: Send transcripts (high school or other college) or GED to the university.
- Note to Grad students: You will need to send your transcripts, GRE scores, 2 letters of recommendation, and immunization forms to the graduate office. (Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies, Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, LA 71497)
- You can find more information about graduate admission at http://www.nsula.edu/graduateschool/
- Student must request official transcripts from other institutions attended.
- Transcripts should be mailed to: Admissions, Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, LA 71497.
- More information for transfer students can be found at: http://recruiting.nsula.edu/transfer-student-checklist/
Step 4: Apply for financial aid.
- The student must have completed a FAFSA before financial aid eligibility can be calculated. The FAFSA can be found at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- The following financial aid forms are available on the web (http://www.nsula.edu/financialaid/forms.asp) in PDF format to be downloaded, printed, and mailed back to the Financial Aid Office:
-NSU Scholarship Application
-NSU Financial Aid Data Form (MUST be filled out)
- Financial aid has a toll-free number: 1-800-823-3008
- You can find more information about Financial Aid on the Financial Aid home page.
Step 5: Speak with an advisor associated with the program in which you will enroll.
- To find an advisor, you need to contact the department. You will find a list of departmental email addresses here for undergraduate programs: http://www.nsula.edu/ece/registration.asp
- If you are a graduate student, you can find contact information for your advisor on the Graduate School page: http://www.nsula.edu/graduateschool/
- You can also find out what classes you need to take by viewing your “degree audit” on the student web. Go to http://my.nsula.edu and choose “Degree Audit” in the menu on the left.
Step 6: Register for classes.
To simplify the registration process, we encourage students to connect to NSU Connect through their myNSU account at http://my.nsula.edu.
- If you have completed less than 30 hours at NSU, you will have an advisement hold on your account. You will need to call or email your advisor and they will be able to assist you with an "alternate PIN" for registering your classes.
- If you have over 30 hours at NSU, you may register yourself online at http://my.nsula.edu.
- Transfer students with more than 30 hours can also register on-line (after speaking with an advisor).
Step 7: Order your textbooks.
You can order your textbooks online from the NSU Book Store. You can search by course for the books you need. Visit NSU Bookstore to order your books.
Step 8: Log in to Moodle.
You will not be able to see your classes listed in Moodle until the first day of classes. You can view the Northwestern Academic Calendar to see important dates for the semester.
*While Northwestern State University does not directly assess any amount for verification of student identity, students taking online courses that require proctored assignments may incur separate out-of-pocket expenses for proctoring services.